The MiniSIMS is an economical tabletop system that combines the features of a large laboratory SIMS in a single compact device. The simple operating procedure allows the operator to quickly get accustomed with the device, requiring no expert SIMS knowledge.
The instrument uses a focused primary beam of gallium ions and is sensitive down to the lower ppm range. It masters the static (broad beam), spatially resolved (chemical mapping), dynamic (depth profiling) analysis.
- Quadrupol spectrometer (QP)
- Mass 3 bis 300 u
- Acquisition time per spectrum 10 to 30 s
- Time-of-flight spectrometer (TOF)
- Mass 1 to >1200 u
- Acquisition time per spectrum <1 s
- Retrospective spectral analysis
In addition to the MiniSIMS, SAI also manufactures MALDI- and GC-TOF. The centerpiece is the in-house developed TOF detector.